Friday, January 3, 2014

Engaged! And Thanksgiving!

It has been WAY too long, bloggies! In the past year, Bsod and I have been loving Denver, exploring, working, snowboarding, hiking, and planning a wedding!

First topic of conversation: we got engaged!  

The Story: We were snowboarding at Keystone on November 2nd. We had taken a few runs and I was feeling a little shaky because a skier smashed into me. I decided to take the gondola down and Bsod said he'd ride down with me. I was tearing up, going over each injury, and looking for scratches on my goggles (not dramatic at all) then Bsod said "maybe this will cheer you up". He totally got down on one knee and had that beauty of a ring. I sort of froze and I think said "are you serious?" multiple times. I got so nervous that I grabbed the ring, put it on, then hid my hand in my pocket. Afterwards we went to eat at our fave Keystone pizza joint and then the excitement set it. Bsod went back for one more run while I called 20 family members and friends. My parents already knew because he had asked them in advance (which is another funny story). My sisters were mad they weren't in the loop but then both got really excited when they realized they would be in a wedding. The drive home was silly and fun and we immediately started planning our fun day.

Here are a few pics from the day.
  

 


Second topic of conversation: vegetarian Thanksgiving feast in Denver! 
Breakfast: Quinoa with pumpkin, brown sugar, cinammon, nutmeg, and ginger. 


Lunch: Salad with kale, chickpeas, feta, and parsley. With light lemon and oil as the dressing.  

Spaghetti squash with parmasan and a few little parsley sprigs. 

Pasta shells with sundried tomatoes, asparagus, pesto, and mozzarella. 

Hoping to post more and more pictures of our adventures this year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment